26.7.11

Big List of Etsy News (and My Thoughts)

 
Email doesn't look right? Click here!
Hi team! Just wanted to share this laundry list of news — lots going on behind the scenes at Etsy.  
 
1. Etsy has a new CEO. Rob Kalin founded Etsy and hired me four years ago. We're starting a new chapter here at Etsy and I'm optimistic about Etsy's future with our new CEO (Etsy's former CTO) Chad Dickerson. Please read his blog post to all of us, Our Next Chapter at Etsy: A Letter to the Community.
 
I want to share an inspiring talk Rob shared a while back. I think it speaks directly to the type of leader Rob is and the type of company Etsy is (a one buttocks company!).
2. Our product and engineering teams don't skip a beat and continue to push out new features! New Shop Stats and Attributes – a way to help categorize your Etsy items and help buyers find these items more easily, are two updates I want to make sure you knew about! 
 
3. We're no longer holding workshops in the Virtual Labs and will now use Online Labs. As Etsy grows, some of the old ways of doing things have to evolve. I loved sharing, chatting and virtually dancing with all of you in the Virtual Labs. Sadly, we have to let the Labs go to make way for Livestream, a tool that can reach a much larger audience and records and archives all of our workshops. Find more details on this from Vanessa in this forum announcement.
 
I want to let you know my Etsy convo door is open, if you have feedback or questions, drop me a line.   
 
 
Upcoming Workshop:
 
Thursday July 28th at 3 p.m. ET
 
Submit your questions for Michelle in this Etsy Success Forum Thread.
 
 
xo,
 
 
   
© 2011 Etsy Inc.
55 Washington St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201
  Forward this email  |  Unsubscribe
Manage Subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment