29.4.10

Etsy Success: Don't Sell Yourself Short

Want to see this email as a web page? Click here!

EtsySuccess


Share Your Success!
Share this email with your network on diggShare this email with your network on LinkedInShare this email with your network on MySpace



 

finder


April 29, 2010
"Are my prices too high?" I get this question every day in Etsy's online workshops, the Virtual Labs.  I don't think I've ever answered yes. Ever! So I wanted to focus today's newsletter on value and confidence around pricing.

This New York Times article explains why a pair of designer khakis will set you back $500. Before you gasp, I encourage you to read this article and ponder the demand for quality, innovation and social responsibility. Remember, those aspects (and values) add to the cost of a product. Don't sell yourself short! 



What Are You Worth? 
I've had many pricing conversations with successful small business owners, and they've all been quite similar to Tara's success story I featured in this week's Etsy Success Reading listL(E)arning What I'm Worth. Figuring out the MOST of what you are worth, is key to business worth. Some of us like to hang out in the safe zone, on the lower spectrum of what you are worth. But how can you reinvest in your business if you are just scraping by? The Daily Worth is a great place to go if you need a self-worth "kick in the pants."
 
xo, 

Danielle

Helpful Forum Threads

Have You Refreshed Your Shop Lately?

600 Sales and what I have learned...

Do You Wear What You Sell?





Etsy News — What You Need to Know


Share this message with your friends
Share this email with your network on LinkedIn Share this email with your network on MySpace
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by Etsy, Inc.
55 Washington St | Ste 512 | Brooklyn | NY | 11201
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment