27.5.10

Etsy Success: Before and After

Want to see this email as a web page? Click here!

EtsySuccess

May 27, 2010

There's a bit of a who-had-the-worst-photos competition between a few of us Etsy Admin who also run Etsy shops. We get a good laugh at our initial photo attempts and I know we're not the only ones. I reached out to a few long-time Etsians who were happy to share their most cringe-worthy beginner photos with us. The improvement each of these artists and crafters have made over the years is inspiring!  I've accompanied each example with a must-read article to help you achieve an "after" quality photo.

.

sudlow: "The early months/years were before I discovered I could really create some good lighting and learned what it took to make jewelry shine, before I had a good digital camera, cared about color balancing and before my work really took over and improved in quality."


Get this look by reading Makeover Your Listings with Color

 



Phydeaux: "I knew nothing about light, digital cameras, etc. I'd been taking pictures in my living room, where the light was nonexistent, so this was the best of a lot of really, really bad photos. I took this in my kitchen, at night, under incandescent light. I spent the next few months immersing myself in a new foreign language (white balance? macro? contrast?). I studied photos on Etsy, read books and blogs about photography, and took a gazillion photos."

Get this look by reading Photographing for Success


Do you have a dramatic before and after to share?  Let me know in the comments of this blog post: Before and After With Etsy's Old Timers & Full-Timers.

xo, 

Danielle

 

 





 



Throw an Etsy Craft Party in Your Town! 

 




Share this message with your friends
Share this email with your network on LinkedIn Share this email with your network on MySpace
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by Etsy, Inc.
55 Washington St | Ste 512 | Brooklyn | NY | 11201
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment