19.11.09

Etsy Success: Tips From Successful Sellers

If you are having trouble reading this email, you may view the online version

EtsySuccess


Share Your Success!

Share this email with your network on diggShare this email with your network on LinkedInShare this email with your network on MySpace





Follow Us on Twitter


RSS Subscribe to the Etsy Success RSS Feed

finder

 

November 19, 2009

I'm a firm believer that the more involved you become with the community, the more successful your shop will be. Why? Because Etsy sellers are always sharing their tips and tricks with zeal. Read on for a couple gems I found this week. I should mention, there's a little perk at the bottom of this email for those of you who read this newsletter in its entirety!


. A Tip From monkeysalwayslook
Have you read the Quit Your Day Job interview with Etsy success story, monkeysalwayslook? Here's a sneak peek:
I think the number one thing is to have a great product and be passionate about it since the product can promote itself. I was very fortunate that my husband’s dowry included an amazing camera. I think that a good picture is always a great marketing and promotional tool, and there isn’t a replacement for well-styled photos that tell a story and create a mood. Read the full interview here.


A Facebook Tip From steppie
Etsy seller steppie has just passed the milestone of 1,000 Facebook fans. What's more, she's noticed that these fans are mostly made up of her loyal customers and potential customers. Here's a tip from steppie: I look at my fan page as a way to give back to those who support me. So aside from doing giveaways, I let my fans know that their input makes a difference. I frequently conduct surveys for their input (this also leads me in the direction of what new things to bring into the shop), ask them for opinions (whether big or small), and while I post photos from my shows, photoshoots, etc., I also encourage them to upload their own photos in my clothing and accessories.  Read the rest of steppie's great tips in this Forum thread. (And learn more about creating a Facebook fan page in this blog post.)


Organizing for the Holidays
A very organized Etsy Admin, bethela, wrote this great article last year to help sellers get organized. It's still a great read with lots of tips to whip you into shape: planning, managing and organizing your life and your business before the mad holiday rush. Don't put it off — read it ASAP!

xo,

Danielle

What's the deal? FedEx is offering Etsy sellers special discounts up to 21% on select FedEx® services. One thing we love about shipping with FedEx is the comprehensive tracking capabilities on fedex.com. (Also, did you know that FedEx Ground delivers more than 50% of packages in 2 business days or less and comes with a money-back guarantee? Sweet!)

There’s no cost and no minimum shipping requirements. Enroll here and use the passcode QVZXQD06 to save on your FedEx shipments! 

Helpful Forum Threads From Your Fellow Sellers
Etsy Forums

Selling Your Work Wholesale: Tips, Resources, and Links

Helpful Link for Twitter Newbies

My Seven Best Tips for Successful Etsy





Etsy News — What You Need to Know

Customer Care: Improving Etsy Support

An Update on 2009 Site Feature Priorities

DIY Wedding Crafts Contest Winner and Finalists


     

Share this message with your friends
Share this email with your network on LinkedIn Share this email with your network on MySpace
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by Etsy, Inc.
55 Washington St | Ste 512 | Brooklyn | NY | 11201
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment