24.2.11

Risks and Rewards

Email doesn't look right? Click here!
Quit Your Day Job: Something's Hiding in Here

Etsians and DIY design darlings, Shauna and Stephen, run the always crisp and clean Etsy shop, Something's Hiding in Here. I first met this duo at Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago a few years back and their booth stopped me in my tracks. I've been following their success since. Today I encourage you to read this new interview on the Etsy Blog to hear their best marketing tips, how they prepared to quit their already rewarding day jobs, and their biggest business mistake. 

Full interview here.

 
 
Upcoming workshop This Monday at 2:30 p.m. ET – Talk with I Heart Art: Portland. Community organizer, Issac Watson, speaks with lisajune about fostering art and creativity through community engagement. RSVP on Etsy's Livestream channel
 
Image by MerCurios
When Can Raising Prices Increase Sales?

I often hear many sellers fear raising their prices. I implore you to really sit down and make sure you are pricing your work for what it is genuinely worth. I came across a book review today and I want to share the summary of it with you: 

"When consumers have trouble differentiating between products, they will fall back on shortcuts to help them make their decisions. Quality Conscious Consumers Will Often Choose The More Expensive Product Automatically. Consumers focused on quality will remember the rule of 'you get what you pay for,' even when price is the only evidence that the quality is higher."

Read more...

Have a wonderful weekend!
xo,
   
© 2010 Etsy Inc.   Forward this email  |  Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment