20.2.09

Etsy Success: Create a Profile with Personality

etsysuccess

 

finder



Get Etsy buttons for your blog or website here!


Picks from
Etsy's Gift Guides

gift

gift

gift

gift

Visit the Gift Guides for even more great gift ideas!

 


handbook

Etsy's Seller Handbook: Everything you need to make your shop the best it can be!

 



I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

 


etsylogo

February 20, 2009

 

Hi again! It's me, your Indie Biz dectective, always on the hunt for tips to help you improve your Etsy shops. This week I've combed through the blogsphere, and Etsy profiles, to bring you helpful advice and examples of model selling behavoir.

 

 

Starting Your Own Etsy Business Series on Design*Sponge

Abbey of Abbey Goes Design Scouting and AbigailVintage, has a few interviews and a great How-To on starting an Etsy business on Design*Sponge this week! Here's a sneak peek:

"I often give small extras as a gift, often vintage matchboxes since I have hundreds and they cost me about .19 cents and make my customers happy. I also give 25% discount coupons on a next order to anyone who orders over $50 dollars worth of product. Since I love beautiful opening packages, I use colorful tissue paper and satin ribbon to make the objects I send to customers fun to open . . ." read on!

 

 

 

 

MaryMarie's Top Tips for your New Etsy Shop

I bumped into Etsy seller, MaryMarie's blog, FailedFeminist (where you can find a ton of delish recipes AND get help for your Etsy Shop)!
Some tips include: how to find free shipping supplies, doing your homework and starting with the right shop name! Click here to read on.

Note: MaryMarie suggest NOT using a live model to display clothing but using a form or manequin instead. What do you think? Vote here!

 

 

 

 

 

Profiles with Personality

A sassy profile can remind buyers that there is a real personality behind your Etsy shop! Profiles written in the 3rd person? I don't suggest it. Being personal, open and speaking from the heart will let those buyers into your little crafty world. A cute profile, avatar or blog can make you feel at home with a seller. What do we have that the big box stores don't? We have that personal touch! Its ingrained in our Etsy shops - don't cover it up! Here are some quotes that made me smile and made me want to know more about these Etsy sellers and the work they sell:

"When I'm not a human feltball, immersed in fiber, you might find me gulping hot cocoa with a cat and a book in my lap, plotting out sewing projects which never seem to get finished, or tinkering with photography." ~hobbledehoy

"One day I was sewing a slipcover for my couch. One day turned into a week as I went a little "slipcover happy" and slipcovered virtually everything in my house. In the meantime, I needed to get some ideas of mine on "pillow", and this shop was created! I've gone pillowhappy people! I hope you do too." ~Pillowhappy

"I'm a quirky southern girl supporting her husband while in law school. We have a dog and a lovely little life together." ~ellefait

Want a second opinion? Check out this Etsy blog post on Crafting a Profile Page by SarasTextureCrafts.

 

 

Live Workshops!

Next week, on top of our regular Shop Critiques and Newbie Chats, we have three How-To sessions for Sellers in the Virtual Labs! Mark your calendars!

Money Tips for Artists - Tuesday @ 2:30pm Eastern

How-Tuesday: Stamping Metal - Tueday @ 4pm Eastern

Getting Noticed by the Blogosphere - Wednesday @ 4pm Eastern




Thanks for tuning in! We'll see you next week!

xo,

Danielle

 

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by etsysuccess@etsy.com.

Etsy | 325 Gold St. 6th Fl | Brooklyn | NY | 11201

No comments:

Post a Comment