24.2.09

Etsy Success: Tweeting, Not Just for the Birds

etsysuccess

 

finder



Get Etsy buttons for your blog or website here!


Picks from
Etsy's Gift Guides

gift

gift

gift

gift

Visit the Gift Guides for even more great gift ideas!

 


handbook

Etsy's Seller Handbook: Everything you need to make your shop the best it can be!

 



I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

 


etsylogo

February 24, 2009

 

In real life I can be a bit of a wallflower, but on the web, I'm a social butterfly. I definitely have more friends on Facebook than in real life (kind of sad i know!) I have multiple online profiles, lead workshops via webcam, blog and tweet. And while I might need to work on my real life quirks, I still love the connections, possibilities and conversations that arise from my online experiences. Read on for today's social networking pointers!

 

Tweeting, Not Just for the Birds

Keep hearing about Twitter? Wondering what all the buzz is about? Twitter is a way to microblog - send out short and sweet messages to your followers and keep up to date with your own contacts! I follow a range of different people: bloggers, marketing experts, Etsy sellers, organizations, etc. Its a unique way to stay in touch and share experiences. I've put together a collection of great articles, read them from top to bottom!

Newbies Guide to Twitter by Chris Brogan

Why Etsy Sellers Should Twitter by Addtwist Blog

Twitter Traffic Tricks and Tips Etsy Forum Post by briaberger

Tweetable Art: Top 10 Twitter Tips for Artists by Mashable

 

 

 

 

Work In Progress: Something to see here!

Speaking of Twitter, I was interested to see which Etsy Artists on Twitter share their work in progress. So I asked my followers to send me examples. Connecting your followers, fans and friends to your handmade process is another great way to remind them how unique and interesting you are! Here are some great examples from my Twitter buddies:

ArtMind posts beautiful photos of in process and finished work on her Flickr account here.

GirlsCanTell gives us a sneak peak into her weekly shop updates via Twitter here.

Thosegreathousewomen shares her pattern making process (her favorite part!) for a custom order on her blog here.

Copabananas shared a link to new snowglobe designs she is working on via her Twitter updates.

 

 

 

 

Live Workshops!

I hope to see you tomorrow afternoon in Etsy's Virtual Labs where we are broadcasting 2 helpful how-to sessions for sellers!

Money Tips for Artists - Wednesday @ 2:30pm Eastern
Join Chantelle from Moneybegreen.com for some financial tips and wisdom for starving artists!

Getting Noticed by the Blogosphere - Wednesday @ 4pm Eastern
Join Kegan and Liz from Design Glut, and learn tips and secrets for getting your work seen by blogs, magazines and galleries.

 


Social networking is a way to connect with people you may not have otherwise bumped into. I often get the question, "Yeah, but will it help with sales?" I think I finally know how to answer this question (in a roundabout way). Imagine these networks like a dinner party. Going to a party with a good attitude, interesting chatter and enthusiasm about what you do, can help you network. Who knows what possiblitites will arise? And while you're doing it, you have a little fun!

xo,

Danielle

 

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by etsysuccess@etsy.com.

Etsy | 325 Gold St. 6th Fl | Brooklyn | NY | 11201

No comments:

Post a Comment