9.9.10

Etsy Success: Not-So-Idle Hands

Want to see this email as a web page? Click here!

EtsySuccess

September 9, 2010

A few weeks ago, I met an Etsy seller named Lyndsey at a conference. Unbeknownst to me, Lyndsey, a.k.a. idlehandsdesigns, was already on marymary's radar to be featured in the Quit Your Day Job series, so I was thrilled to see her face again on the Etsy Blog. Today I want to highlight Lyndsey's tips and give you accompanying resources so you join her on the path to success.




Your sutured heart line is so popular. What's the key?
"One of the best decisions I made last year was to rework my signature piece and present a more affordable variation. The classic sutured heart was $130, and with the doom around the economy I knew that limited my customers. Now I have eight different options and a price range of $50 - $152."

Recommended reading: Launching a Product Line
 




What are your best marketing tips?
"I frequent Facebook and enjoy building relationships with my customers and friends on my page. Fans enjoy free shipping and exclusive specials. It's also a place were I share photos inside my studio."

Recommended reading: How to Effectively Use Social Media to Market Your Business and Creating a Facebook Fan Page

Want to hear more from Lyndsey? Be sure to read the rest of her interview on the blog!

Top Forum Threads




Dudes

Etsy Dudes is our latest weekly email and it's launching later this month. We'll be featuring clothes, gadgets and gear just for guys. Get on the list now!


Share this message with your friends
Share this email with your network on LinkedIn Share this email with your network on MySpace
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by Etsy, Inc.
55 Washington St | Ste 512 | Brooklyn | NY | 11201
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment