10.9.09

Etsy Success: Survey Says

etsysuccess



finder

 


VIRTUAL LABS SCHEDULE


 

September 10, 2009

Sometimes we forget that our buyers really like us and always want to know more about us. They shop on Etsy because they want to support independent artists and collectors. I've heard of many a buyer who has reached out to give a seller a hand, whether it's to help with item descriptions when English isn't the seller's first language, or even travelled across the globe to meet with a seller in person! (See this video for proof!) Our buyers LOVE our work and are usually happy to get involved with our growth. This email is dedicated to them!


.Piddix's Best Etsy Sales Secret
"After I had my shop up and running for about five months, I created a survey using Surveymonkey.com. I advertised the survey in the Etsy Forums and on Craftster in their giveaway section. Looking back on the people who filled out the survey, I'd say about 20% became regular customers. But beyond seeing the survey as a marketing tool, I have to say that the information I gathered during the survey has been essential to the growth of Piddix." To find out what Piddix asked in her survey, read the rest of this helpful Forum post.


.A Buyer's Plea
Yesterday I was poking around the Etsy Forums and I saw a post started by an Etsy buyer based in the UK. This post was a plea to sellers: Please ship to my country! I wondered what information I could share with all of you to help you with international shipping. First, I thought you should know that at least 1 in 4 sales on Etsy involves a buyer or seller outside of the U.S. Second, I wanted to make sure you noticed our new Shipping Tool to make shipping to other countries a little easier. As Etsy grows, we see an increase in the diversity of our community; I hope you will consider (if you haven't already) selling your beautiful work to these fine people!


.Etsy Success Survey
We really want to make these Etsy Success newsletters as helpful to sellers as possible, especially with the holidays coming up. So I've created a quick survey to gather feedback from you, dear sellers. Please let me know where you could use a helping hand! You can find the survey here.

 

Best,

Daniellexo

P.S. Thanks to all those who wrote to me with thanks, thoughts, and feedback on the Rearrange Your Shop tool. You can check out some of these ideas in this new Storque post: Shop Makeover Series: Let's See Your Before & After Rearranging Shots.

LATEST ETSY NEWS

Tech Update: Sorting Your Item

Etsy Statistics: August Weather Report

Site Maintenance Schedule



LATEST HELPFUL FORUM POSTS

Holiday Tips for Everyone

Want to sell at craft shows–where to start?

Sites that are worth your time


.


.

Call for Artist
Etsy Artist Paviliion
Deadline: Sept. 15th
Click here for more details.

.
Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Constant Contact. All rights reserved. Except as permitted under a separate written agreement with Constant Contact, neither the Constant Contact software, nor any content that appears on any Constant Contact site, including but not limited to, web pages, newsletters, or templates may be reproduced, republished, repurposed, or distributed without the prior written permission of Constant Contact. For inquiries regarding reproduction or distribution of any Constant Contact material, please contact legal@constantcontact.com.

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to handbag.mary@gmail.com by donotreply@etsy.com.

Etsy | 55 Washington Street | Brooklyn | NY | 11201

No comments:

Post a Comment