Check out the latest handbag fashion news and review at BagBunch.com:
- Stuart Weitzman Shopaholic Bag | Crocodile-Patterned Metallic Leather Purse - 2009-08-31 15:03:26-04
I'm more familiar with Stuart Weitzman as a designer of gorgeous shoes for special occasions, but the brand is quite established as a producer of desirable handbags as well.
This Shopaholic bag is a great example of the kind of classy style that the label puts into all of their creations. Though it is not red-carpet ready [...]
- Global Elements Velvet Clutch | Sophisticated Ribbon Purse with Decorative Clasp - 2009-08-31 17:17:39-04
Global Elements add another interesting luxury material to its repertoire, with this elegant velvet clutch.
In a wide baguette shape, this clutch is perfect for classy evenings out and sophisticated meals. The black velvet is a fabric that never fails to be soft and expensive looking, whilst the satin ribbon patterns provide a contrasting flash of [...]
- Tommy Hilfiger To Launch Massive New York City Flagship Store - 2009-08-31 22:30:33-04
Next month Tommy Hilfiger will open the doors of its new flagship store in New York City.
The brand's CEO Fred Gehring says Tommy Hilfiger is delighted to open its world headquarters in the American fashion capital. He adds that the move represents the company coming full circle, as Tommy Hilfiger began in the Big Apple [...]
- Designers Describe Upcoming Spring Collections in a Word | Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Hayden-Harnett and More Sound Off - 2009-08-31 23:28:19-04
When New York Magazine asked designers to describe their upcoming spring collection, I'm sure they expected a variety of answers. The result, however, is more than just a list of adjectives. There are some flat-out strange descriptions ... even for fashion.
The only guideline given to the designers was to sum it all up in one word. While that [...]
- Kooba Riley Duffel Bag | Sophisticated Pebbled Black Leather Turnlock Handbag - 2009-08-31 23:47:29-04
It might be called a duffel, but this Kooba Riley is like no duffel bag that I've ever seen.
The traditional cylinder shape is gone, replaced with a chic angular design. Handy side pockets flare out to create the contemporary look, complemented by the modern lines of the large front pocket. The pebbled black leather is [...]
- Magid Tie-Dyed Paper Straw Shopper | Cheap Colorful Boho Handbag - 2009-09-01 00:31:57-04
This fun shopper shows us that tie-dyed fabrics don't have to look like hippie throwbacks. By keeping things subtle, Magid brings boho style that isn't stuck in the 60s.
The easy breezy look is accentuated by the paper straw finish. It's tightly woven for a little extra strength, but I still don't expect it to last [...]
- Ralph Lauren Alligator Bag | Luxurious Metallic Bronze Exotic Drawstring Purse from Purple Label - 2009-09-01 02:05:52-04
From Ralph Lauren's luxurious Purple Label comes this ultra opulent alligator bag.
Drawstring bags tend to be a relaxed affair, but there's nothing casual about this exotic purse. As if genuine alligator doesn't have enough oomph, this skin is given a metallic bronze makeover. Personally, I feel this glitzy coat cheapens the look. The brassiness makes [...]
- Stuart Weitzman Knit Wit Satchel | Crocheted Nappa Leather Flower Handbag - 2009-09-01 04:05:12-04
Crocheted handbags usually remind me of my grandmother, but Stuart Weitzman shows it is possible to inject youthful energy into the style. Meet the Knit Wit satchel.
While it may look like yarn from a distance the Knit Wit actually features luxurious nappa leather, crocheted to resemble modern blooms. The floral finish adds interest, while bold [...]
- Calvin Klein Liquid Leather Purse | Woven Patent and Ribbon Wristlet - 2009-09-01 13:33:48-04
Calvin Klein seem to like woven design techniques on their handbags at the moment. Their latest addition, this Liquid Leather Wristlet, features elegant weave on a small clutch scale.
I particularly love the color of this wristlet. Available also in black and "chino", this patent purse works best in the bright tangerine orange shade that catches eyes and hits [...]
- Celestina Roseanne Mosiac Box Clutch | Rare and Elegant Tiger Pen Shell Minaudiere - 2009-09-01 15:32:32-04
Celestina's handmade clutches are some of the most extraordinarily crafted handbags I have ever seen. You can find them tucked into them palms of some the a-listyiest celebrities out there, like Halle Berry, and in the editorial spreads of every major fashion magazine.
This Roseanne clutch is definitely in keeping with Celestina's fabulous reputation. Each individual [...]
- Steve Madden Rock Wash Satchel | Casual Faux Leather Bag with Distressed Finish - 2009-09-01 17:16:13-04
I must be in the mood for weathered leather handbags. The Betsey Johnson Made In The Fade satchel recently caught my eye, and now this leather-like Steve Madden Rock Wash bag has me even more interested.
The Rock Wash's finish might not be quite as laid-back, rocker-esque as some handbags out there, but it offers a decent imitation [...]
- Alexander Wang Max Leather Bag | Edgy Black Leather Shoulder Bag With Tons of Zippers - 2009-09-01 17:53:52-04
One thing I really like about Alexander Wanga as a designer is that his collections are very small. His accessories collection is particularly small, consisting of only a few bags, but he gets every last one of them spot on perfect. What Wang lacks in quantity, he more than makes up for in quality.
The Max [...]
- Tory Burch Studded Leather Bag | Sleek Smooth Black Leather Shoulder Bag With Gold Stud Detail - 2009-09-01 19:31:02-04
Has anyone noticed any flying pigs as of late? I mean, really, if you had told me that Tory Burch's fall accessories would be covered with fringe and pyramid studs, I never would have believed it. Nonetheless, here it is, and it's not half bad.
Tory Burch is known for somewhat prissy, WASP-y styles, but her [...]
- Target to Create Totes from Time Square Billboard Art | Limited Edition Bags Designed by Anna Sui - 2009-09-01 19:59:55-04
It's another case of billboard meets fashion. Similar to eco-friendly companies Artecnica and GG2G, the major retail store and budget fashionista-favorite Target is set to make a line of handbags from recycled billboard materials.
These aren't just any ol' billboard advertisements, however. The material will come straight from their upcoming ads in New York City's Times Square. The billboards, which will [...]
- Raquel Zimmerman Stars in Icy Hermes Winter 2009-2010 Advertisement - 2009-09-01 22:00:56-04
When it comes to capturing the season, few ads do it as well as the latest Hermes commercial. It's all snow, ice, and luxurious furs in this celebration of wintery weather!
Sweden's Ice Hotel is the ideal backdrop for this frosty photo shoot. The white snow ensures that scarlet alligator So Kelly bag pops, and Raquel [...]
- Georgina Chapman's Marchesa Label To Launch Handbag Collection For Spring 2010 - 2009-09-02 00:33:45-04
Marchesa is best known for its red carpet evening wear and their Hollywood connections, and as the brand makes its first foray into accessories it seems designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig are staying on point.
The twist? They're adamant all bags fit everything you need for a night out - Blackberry, keys, makeup.
"We were frustrated because we [...]
- Sun N' Sand Mosaic Sand Dollar Tote | Purple Paul Brent Designed Cotton Canvas Handbag - 2009-09-02 02:05:21-04
Sun N' Sand brings a little art to its summery accessories collection with this purple mosaic tote.
The brand has left the design to renowned watercolor artist Paul Brent. His vision incorporates a sand dollar, surrounded by a border of purple mosaic tiles. The earthy colors of the marine creature contrast with the more feminine squares [...]
- Texan Artists Create Unique Hand-Painted Leather Purses - 2009-09-02 03:05:30-04
Many bagistas believe their favorite handbags are works of arts, but when it comes to Artist Handbags the description is pretty apt!
The hand-painted purses are the brainchild of Texan artists Joyce and Barbie J. "BJ" Moore. They'd been painters for years, but recently decided to apply their skills to fashion.
"This required quite a learning curve," [...]
- Tepper Jackson Dopp Kit | Chic Plain Leather Toiletries Bag - 2009-09-02 04:05:32-04
This dopp kit is something a little different from Tepper Jackson. The bold patterns and vibrant colors we're used to are gone, replaced with elegant matte shades.
While it appears like leather at first glance, looks can be deceiving. This dopp kit is actually crafted from laminated canvas. It may not be quite as luxurious but [...]
- Chloé Kira Leather Bowling Bag | Luxury Meets Sport In This Black Leather Bowler With Gold Chain Details - 2009-09-02 14:26:06-04
The luxury handbags this season are predominantly black, leather, and have some sort of stud or chain embellishment. Partly this is due to a resurgence of 90's styles-think Chanel Cavier bags with chain straps-and partly due to the fact that this season's runway styles are also predominantly black, and pretty edgy. Which makes this Chloé [...]
- Della Q Lilly Tweed Tote | Spacious On-Trend Hold-all With Stylish Handle - 2009-09-02 17:28:13-04
With Vogue citing tweed as a recurring theme for the winter months, we can all expect the shops to start stocking thick tweed coats, unusual tweed heels and the occasional funky tweed fedora. In the same vein, now is the time to bag yourself (pun intended) a tweed purse.
As pattern clashing is still popular, you [...]
- Halston Henry Pony Skin Clutch | Attention Grabbing Cheetah Print Ponyskin Wristlet - 2009-09-02 19:45:49-04
Pony skin is one of those materials that people go nuts for. It must be because it has a more luxurious texture than leather, but doesn't drum up all the controversy of fur. In any case, pony skin and animal prints are both major must haves this fall, and I really love the way Halston [...]
- Fontanelli Stamped Python Bowling-Style Bag | Brown Embossed Leather Bowler - 2009-09-02 21:32:18-04
Since real python leather bags can easily run a couple thousand dollards, many women choose a snakeskin embossed or stamped version instead. Honestly, unless it's a Carlos Falchi creation or something of the same caliber, it's not really worth it to me.
I suppose the next best thing would be an option like this Fontanelli Stamped Python Bowler. The [...]
- Purse Blog Gives Away New Be&D Garbo Wallet with Gold Studs - 2009-09-02 23:59:33-04
After a recent quick overview of Be & D's new fall collection of handbags, now you have a chance to get your hands on one.
Purse Blog is awarding one lucky winner a black leather Garbo Wallet. The small zippered bag is covered with on of the designer label's favorite fall features: studs. The edgy detail is in [...]
- The Jesse B. Collection Velveteen Rabbit Clutch | Stylish Affordable Gray Evening Purse - 2009-09-03 02:05:05-04
Like the beloved children's book that shares its name, this Velveteen Rabbit from The Jesse B. Collection is destined to become a favorite for years to come.
The name comes from the clutch's soft velveteen finish. It feels gorgeous, but it's also a recession busting choice, helping the purse stay under that magic $100 mark. The [...]
- Personalized JennaClaire Keepsake Handbags Impress Stars Like Sheryl Crow and Mandy Moore - 2009-09-03 03:05:01-04
We all remember those freaky purses made from coddled cats, but Daina Levine is proving keepsake bags don't need to be creepy. Her business JennaClaire Handbag Studio takes special fabrics and transforms them into contemporary accessories.
When two women were unsure how to divide their grandmother's fur coat, they enlisted JennaClaire to create two small bags [...]
- Alexis Hudson Twinkle Shoulder Bag | Rhinestone Accented Black Leather Flap Handbag - 2009-09-03 04:05:26-04
Twinkle, twinkle like a star carrying this cute shoulder bag from Alexis Hudson.
One glance and it's easy to see what inspired the Twinkle's playful moniker. Brilliant rhinestones sparkle against their black leather backdrop like stars twinkling in the night sky. The accent is striking but not overdone, with Alexis Hudson resisting the urge to add [...]
- Marni Geometric Clutch | White Calf Leather Clutch With Modern Origami Inspired Design - 2009-09-03 16:56:14-04
Marni has a knack for figuring out what modern women want without resorting to overused trends and clichés. This Geometric Clutch is the perfect example of their refined design sensibility in action.
I love the crisp white and black color scheme of the clutch. The black edging really reinforces the lines of the bag, and draws [...]
- "O" Oscar de la Renta Alegria Bag | Miniature Bowler in Patent Snakeskin - 2009-09-03 17:28:20-04
Miniature bowlers are a strange breed. Featuring the classic bowling bag shape and traditional design, these little versions offer a lightweight day to day version. This patent bowler example from design legend Oscar De La Renta is a prime example of a mini bag that should be big!
The oversize snakeskin/crocodile pattern brings an air of the [...]
- Valentino Satin Bow Front Clutch | Bright And Chic Emerald Green Satin Evening Bag - 2009-09-03 22:39:31-04
Valentino can do anything other designers do, only sleeker, chicer, and with more oomph. Seriously, in the pantheon of fashion gods, this man is Zeus, and his retirement is a tragedy from which I may never recover. But no matter, because he has left behind loads of little delicacies like this one.
And what a delicacy [...]
- Hobo International Robin Wallet | Small Leather Pocketbook with Organization - 2009-09-03 23:31:09-04
Hobo International has quite a collection of simple and practical leather wallets. Styles like the Lauren and the Eden might have more room since they're classified as both wallet and clutch, but the Robin is perfect for storing cash and cards in your purse.
The leafy green color is great for fall, but it's not the [...]
- Land's End Launches New Line of Eco-Friendly Bags Made from Recycled Plastic Bottles - 2009-09-04 00:56:30-04
I wouldn't exactly call catalog company Land's End a brand on the cutting edge of fashion, but they are making some advances in eco-friendly production.
The retailer is adding a new line of "green" bags to their collection of apparel and accessories. The new products include backpacks, messenger bags, totes, and travel bags in a practical [...]
- Celestina Espasol Clutch | Copper Colored Filigree Evening Purse with Crystal Clasp - 2009-09-04 02:05:03-04
This eye-catching Espasol clutch could only come from Celestina. While its finish is markedly different from the mosaics we're used to, no other brand is creating clutches with quite this level of luxury.
Metallics always make a bold evening statement. The copper finish here is compelling but the delicate filigree design softens the metal. It's girly [...]
- Vera Bradley Purse Saves Shooting Victim | Fashion Retailer Replaces Bullet-Hole Bag - 2009-09-04 03:05:46-04
If I were planning to count on a handbag for my protection, I might opt for an Alexander McQueen Knuckle Duster clutch. I'd never put my faith in a Vera Bradley. But it seems I might have underestimated this feminine fashion brand. After all, Baltimore shooting victim Ana Matheus might not be with us today [...]
- Elaine Turner Leah Minaudiere | Red Retro Quilted Patent Leather Clutch - 2009-09-04 03:29:14-04
It's difficult to resist the retro charms of this patent leather Leah purse from Elaine Turner.
It's called a minaudiere, but it's a lot sleeker than the other purses that share its name. While Judith Leiber and Kathrine Baumann cover theirs in jewels, this one is all polish and poise. The retro red patent leather features [...]
- Chinese Laundry Billboard Tote Bag | Eco-Friendly Recycled Poster Handbag - 2009-09-04 04:05:24-04
Forget hemp and candy wrappers. The latest eco-friendly fad is handbags made from billboards. Previously these purses were exclusive to green labels like Artecnica and GG2G, but now some big name designers are cashing in on the trend. The latest to don their eco-warrior hat is Chinese Laundry.
It makes sense to recycle billboards for bags. [...]
- Lodis Padova Primadonna Clutch | Luxurious Patent Designer Purse - 2009-09-04 13:18:22-04
Design doesn't have to mean complicated structures and innovative shapes. Sometimes, as we see with classics such as Chanel or Oscar de la Renta, the classic shape and quality materials can speak for themselves.
At first glance I was taken aback by the simplicity and elegant lines of this rectangular purse. With no embellishment other than the [...]
- Marc Jacobs Rockabilly Leather Bag | Laser Cut Black Leather Swirl Pattern Purse For The Downtown Crowd - 2009-09-04 16:14:34-04
Marc Jacobs is using new laser cutting methods to create streamlined designs for the Marc Jacobs Collection accessories line. This ROckabilly bag keeps a little closer to the mainstream than his Marc by Marc Jacobs line, but pushes against boundaries in terms of technique and detail.
This squarish shape of the purse is formed by tons [...]
- Whiting & Davis Chevron Jelly Roll Clutch | Metal Mesh Bag with Snake Chain Strap - 2009-09-04 16:41:21-04
I can't help but think of the 1920s and flapper fashion when I see this Whiting & Davis handbag. The brand always manages to register a vintage vibe with me, as I think is the case with most people, but this one really stands out.
Maybe I'm just filled with Jazz Era imagery after having just finished [...]
- Sarah Jessica Parker Flaunts Christian Louboutin Hobo as Carrie for "Sex and the City 2″ Movie - 2009-09-04 22:12:37-04
Get ready for the media frenzy and paparazzi obsession. The infamous gals of Sex and the City are back to filming for the newest installment in the movie franchise, and the first images of filming are quite promising.
Expect more luxurious fashion and over-the-top outfits from the quirky and lovable character Carrie Bradshaw. Although we still [...]
- Yves Saint Laurent Small Satin Chain Strap Bag | Dark Grey Satin Box Clutch With Molten Metal Chain Details - 2009-09-04 22:14:11-04
Yves Saint Laurent is basically royalty among fashion design houses. The sleek elegance of his designs combined with impeccable materials results in accessories that really sing to modern women.
I don't want to go around saying things like "grey is the new black", but it is everywhere this fall, from nail polish to leather jackets to [...]
- Carlos Falchi and Daughter Collaborate on Graffiti Handbag Collection - 2009-09-05 03:05:27-04
Nepotism is alive and well at the fashion house of Carlos Falchi. When your name is Kate Falchi, it's no surprise that you'll end up working right alongside your dear old dad in the family business.
While we might all lust for her lot, it seems Kate may have more than simply the Falchi name going [...]
- Marc Jacobs Sequined Frame Wallet Purse | Sparkly Fuchsia Designer Purse With Gold Stud Detail - 2009-09-05 11:13:58-04
Marc Jacobs, king of the West Village, oh how many Carrie Bradshaw wannabes he has spawned. Personally, I think the man's a genius, and one of the few American designers to make others across the Atlantic take notice. But, this bag has got to go.
It's a lot more Elle Woods than Carrie Bradshaw, and I [...]
- Jimmy Choo Crepe de Chine Handbag | Elegant Slouchy Evening Bag - 2009-09-05 12:59:29-04
I can never make up my mind about Jimmy Choo handbags. The iconic brand and legendary status make their evening bags exciting, and the materials are luxurious, but sometimes they forget to produce something a little "different".
This bag is a great example. Taken as a generic handbag, the slouchy shape and buckled handle are quite [...]
- Marni Alpaca Tote | Luxurious Grey Fur Handbag With Leather And Chain Details - 2009-09-05 14:41:02-04
Marni is one of those young, hip labels that is known for having its finger on the pulse of cutting edge fashion. Which is why I was surprised when I saw this tote. I thought to myself, "Isn't that whole furry, Uggs-y thing kind of over?" Apparently not.
I have to admit that despite my initial [...]
- Bally Regis Messenger Bag | Gray Leather Organizer Handbag - 2009-09-05 14:56:38-04
My deciding factor for considering the purchase of an expensive designer handbag is to find something one-of-a-kind or one that I simply can't live without. Personally, I can't imagine spending $875 on a gray leather messenger bag. However, if you find yourself shopping for bags in that price range and you'd get quite a bit of use out of it, this Bally [...]
- Handbags Made from Deck Chair Canvas | The Royal Parks Foundation Collaborates with Designer Bill Amberg - 2009-09-05 15:26:46-04
Handbag makers seem to be getting more and more creative when it comes to using recycled materials for their designs. We've progressed from recycled bottles (still a favorite) to billboards and now to deck chairs.
In a headline that made me do a double take to make sure I read it correctly, London's Royal Parks Foundation [...]
- Rebecca Minkoff Does Wedding Bags with "I Do" Collection - 2009-09-06 03:05:18-04
Rebecca Minkoff is applying her contemporary design flair to the bridal industry with the launch of her "I Do" collection. Rebecca obviously believes in the range, as she carried one of these very bags on her own wedding day in June.
The most exciting part is that all bags can be completely customized. Brides can send [...]
- Marc Jacobs Flash Quilted Pony Skin Bag | Luxe Fuchsia Quilted Leather Shoulder Bag With Chain Strap - 2009-09-06 09:00:52-04
I love the way Marc Jacobs interprets trends, old and new, and then reinvigorates them in modern downtown designs. Bags like this perfect pony skin bag are just what I'm talking about.
There has been a major rush lately for quilted bags. All those Chanel caviar bags have been making a comeback in a major way, [...]
- Guess Mademoiselle N/S Shopper | Faux Leather Bag with Optional Cross Body Strap - 2009-09-06 15:26:02-04
The Mademoiselle collection from Guess has the kinds of easy bags you can wear on a regular basis knowing that they'll go with most casual, everyday outfits.
I wouldn't carry the Mademoiselle N/S Shopper to a night at the theatre, but this handbag has plenty of other practical uses. It's significantly sized interior is wonderfully convenient for [...]
- Roberto Cavalli Studded Suede Clutch | Elegant And Edgy Black Suede Clutch With Pyramid Studs - 2009-09-06 19:41:43-04
Truthfully, Roberto Cavalli has never been one of my favorite designers. His baroque, super embellished style is usually just a little bit too over-the-top for me. But this black suede clutch really defies what I've come to expect from Cavalli.
It is embellished, of course, but it's not overdone. In fact, I'd say that Cavalli is [...]
- Global Elements Black Beaded Wristlet | Affordable Multi-Colored Spot Purse - 2009-09-07 00:16:10-04
If you're traveling light, there are few options as convenient as a wristlet. They keep your hands free, and won't weigh you down like a regular handbag can.
This beaded purse from Global Elements is a fun option. The exterior is covered in thousands of teeny-tiny beads. The basic black backdrop helps emphasize the colored spots. [...]
- Halston Post Tote Bag | Luxurious Minimalist Orange Leather Purse - 2009-09-07 01:37:38-04
With a postmodern minimalist flair, Halston has reinvented the tote bag. It's not hard to see how the Post Tote got its name!
The crescent shape reminds me of a hobo bag, but there's none of the slouchiness we associate with that style. The textured leather gives the handbag a little more structure, but the profile [...]
- Bottletop Recycles Ringpulls for Celebrity Favorite Charity Handbags - 2009-09-07 03:05:06-04
British organization Bottletop is creating recycled handbags for charity.
The brand's founders, Cameron Saul and Oliver Wayman, turn soda pop ringpulls into edgy eco-friendly purses. The bags are crafted in Salvador, Brazil, helping to generate income for the poverty-stricken South American area. The region's homeless collect ringpulls for the label as a way of making some [...]
- Harajuku Lovers Uh-O Tote | Practical Patterned Fabric Handbag with Pockets - 2009-09-07 04:05:57-04
Uh-oh! Gwen Stefani went and created another loud and lairy Harajuku Lovers tote!
Its name might be the Uh-O, but this bag isn't as terrible as that moniker suggests. In fact, if you're not afraid to add some color to your wardrobe it's a practical everyday companion! The vivid patterns might turn off many, but with [...]
BagBunch, PO Box 961A, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, LL29 9LE
| To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:|